Friday 6 June 2008

My Interview With choconaut!


I really want to introduce choconaut! Please check out her shop. I don't need to say too much because her shop speaks louder than words :D


Please you tell us about yourself and your background?
My name is Bethany and I just graduated this year. I'll be attending community college in the fall. I'm 18 years old, so yes, I'm one of those young sellers on Etsy. I love to sew, but not as much on the sewing machine (I don't trust machines). I also love to sculpt. Not much to say about my background. I've been living in Kentucky my whole life, and although my friends all want to just leave this state completely, I'd have to say I enjoy living here (okay, maybe not in this county though). I've been sewing ever since I was little. My grandma taught me to sew and I've been doing it ever since.
Can you tell us a bit about your work and how did you start your Etsy shop?

My work.... well, it's everything I love. Cute and cuddly plushies, anything made from clay, purses and totes, and just anything I feel like making. My store is called "The Miscellaneous Five and Dime" because it's just that. A store filled with the random creations that I make. This whole Etsy obsession started when I was browsing through a bookstore and found the book Plush You by Kristen Rask. Some Etsy sellers have their plush featured in the book, and I thought "Wow, that would be so cool to sell the things I make. Maybe I could be in a book like this someday." So I checked Etsy out and decided to give it a shot. I waited forever to get my new debit card in the mail so I could start up my shop. Now I'm addicted to Etsy.
What usually sparks off an idea?

A lot of ideas actually come from just staring at the clouds and seeing shapes in them. Other ideas come from things people say, or other things I see that I think I can improve.


Please tell us about your latest products:

I really want to start making my own original clothing and add them to my shop. I'm working on a green halter dress right now, but it's just a test (it won't be for sale).I'm also making a miniature dragon plush that was requested by my 8 year old brother. (He actually asked if he could buy one from me). But if his goes well, ten I will be making more of those.

No comments: