Thursday 26 June 2008

My Interview With jennifersquires!




I have done a photography course and I know a good photographer when i see one and jennifersquires is a GREAT photographer!
Please you tell us about yourself and your back ground?

My name is Jennifer Squires Ross and I've been photographing professionally since 1996. I studied photography in high school as well as college. I hold a Diploma in Photography and a Diploma in Advanced Photography from Fanshawe College (where I was later asked back to teach in the Advanced Photography Program). I live and work in London, Ontario, Canada and when I'm not photographing I can be found tending to my urban vegetable garden.


Can you tell us a bit about your work and how did you start your etsy shop?
I create fresh photography for hip homes. My work covers a broad range of categories, from shopping carts to gerbera daisies, but I always find I focus on the details of life. I am constantly inspired by the world around me and I use photography to search for simplicity and meaning in the beauty of the everyday. Occasionally I show fine artwork. Most recently my work has been exhibited at The Art Exchange (London, Ontario), Portside Gallery (Port Stanley, Ontario), and McIntosh Gallery (London, Ontario). I opened my Etsy shop in February of 2008.




What usually sparks off an idea?

I usually spend a day or two planning my next photograph. If I haven’t already formulated an idea or concept I will usually look around style websites (like Apartment Therapy) for a basis of my next piece. Inspiration can come in many forms from other visuals to words.

Please tell us about your latest products:

My latest body of work is a set of flower photographs just in time for summer. Currently the collection includes roses, calla lilies, tulips, and gerberas. These contemporary images look great in dining rooms, living areas, bedrooms, and offices, and can be produced as large as 24x30 inches or as small as 4x6 inches. My work can be viewed at http://www.jennifersquires.ca/ and is available for sale via Etsy at http://www.jennifersquires.etsy.com/.

No comments: